The Camões, Instituto da Cooperação e da Língua, I.P signed an agreement of collaboration with the Institute of European Studies / Center for Portuguese Studies to support research in the area of Portuguese Studies, by virtue of the creation of the Cátedra Ana Hatherly.
The objectives of the Ana Hatherly Camões Institute Catedra are:
- Support research about the life and work of Ana Hatherly, reinforcing the usage of the Portuguese language as a scientific language in the United States;
- Support the faculty of Portuguese Studies hired by the University with didactic, bibliographic, and audiovisual support, as available;
- Carry out all efforts necessary for the strengthening and consolidation of the Portuguese language at IES;
- Increase the collection of the Ana Hatherly bibliography at the University of California, Berkeley Library system;
- Promote the translation and publication of literary and academic works by or about Ana Hatherly;
- Develop the areas of research associated with the Cátedra Ana Hatherly, such as contemporary literary production, with particular emphasis on poetry and musical, pictorial, and cinematographic production of the Portuguese speaking countries;
- Organize at least one annual conference under the auspices of the Ana Hatherly Catedra related to her artistic production, academic works related to Ana Hatherly’s work, contemporary literary, musical, pictorial, and cinematographic production of the Portuguese speaking countries.