Spanish Studies Program
Founded in 1996 as an outgrowth of the Iberian Studies Group, the Spanish Studies Program (SSP) promotes the interdisciplinary study of the countries and cultures of the Iberian peninsula, primarily by sponsoring lectures, conferences, performances, and other events on the UC Berkeley campus.
The Spanish Studies Program aims to:
- Strengthen Berkeley’s academic, intellectual and institutional ties to Spain
- Support graduate and undergraduate teaching and research about topics relating to Spain, both from a contemporary and a historical perspective
- Support study abroad and internship programs for Berkeley students in Spain
- Support teaching of the Spanish and Catalan languages on the Berkeley campus
- Engage members of the Bay Area community with an interest in Spain