The UC Berkeley Institute of European Studies and the Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation are pleased to announce the Berkeley-Austria Research Fellowship for 3 months of research in the Humanities and Social Sciences at any Austrian university.
Successful applicants will receive a temporary affiliation with the host institution in Austria. Applicants must be registered students at a University of California campus.
Students will be expected to make their own travel and living arrangements.
This grant can be combined with other IES grants.
Award amount: $2,000/month for up to three months
Eligibility: Open to graduate students in the Humanities and Social Sciences. Preference will be given to students who demonstrate in their application to already have a faculty research supervisor/contact at an Austrian university.
Students applying for this grant should submit the following materials:
- Letter of Motivation (2 pages max)
- Project description (1,500 words minimum, 2,500 words maximum), including:
Title of Research Project
Supervisor at home university, Supervisor at host university
Short description of Research Agenda
Detailed description of Research problem
Relevance and Expected Results
- One letter of recommendation from a UC faculty member; letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum vitae (in tabular format)
- Confirmation letter (or e-mail) from a research supervisor at an Austrian university, indicating the duration of your stay
- Unofficial transcript of UC graduate coursework
Deadline: March 1
For more information about the Austrian Marshall Plan grants, please contact email@example.com
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org