The UC Berkeley Institute of European Studies and the Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation are pleased to announce the Berkeley-Austria Research Fellowship for 3 months of research in the Humanities and Social Sciences at any Austrian university.
Successful applicants will receive a temporary affiliation with the host institution in Austria. Applicants must be registered students at a University of California campus.
Students will be expected to make their own travel and living arrangements.
This grant can be combined with other IES grants.
PLEASE NOTE: Grant recipients are expected to complete their research stay in residence at the designated partner university during the calendar year they applied for (not the end of the school year).
Award amount: $2,000/month for three months
Eligibility: Open to graduate students in the Humanities and Social Sciences. Preference will be given to students who demonstrate in their application to already have a faculty research supervisor/contact at an Austrian university.
Students applying for this grant should submit the following materials:
- Letter of Motivation (2 pages max)
- Project description (1,500 words minimum, 2,500 words maximum), including:
Title of Research Project
Supervisor at home university, Supervisor at host university
Short description of Research Agenda
Detailed description of Research problem
Relevance and Expected Results
- One letter of recommendation from a UC faculty member; letter should be sent to email@example.com
- Curriculum vitae (in tabular format)
- Confirmation letter (or e-mail) from a research supervisor at an Austrian university, indicating the duration of your stay
- Unofficial transcript of UC graduate coursework
Deadline: November 1
For more information about the Austrian Marshall Plan grants, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, please contact email@example.com