Study Abroad in Spain

You are here

There are several options for studying abroad in Spain. There are program options that are suitable for students who have basic and intermediate-level language background, as well as opportunities for those who are fully fluent. UCEAP offers summer, semester, and classic full academic year immersion programs.
Students with existing language ability may pursue their major studies at some of the most prestigious institutions in Spain.
The two most common program types are:

  • Programs focusing on language acquisition (Languages of Spain: Spanish, Catalan, Vasque).
  • Programs requiring a minimum of two years of university-level Spanish (through Spanish 4 at UCB).

UCEAP and UC Berkeley offer education abroad at the most prestigious universities in Spain: Carlos III University of Madrid, Complutense University of Madrid, University of Barcelona, University Pompeu Fabra, University of Cordóba and the University of Granada.

Interested students should obtain the relevant information early in the semester preceding the one in which they plan to go abroad from:

Berkeley Study Abroad
160 Stephens Hall
(510) 642-1356

Institute of European Studies
207 Moses Hall, #2316
University of California
Berkeley, CA  94720-2316

UC Berkeley logo

© Copyright UC Regents.
All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Statement